Tuesday, June 21, 2016

What I'm Eating, Reading, and Thinking About

Today is a simple post - mostly about what I have been eating, reading, and thinking about.
Starting off with what I have been eating!  Simple - really...juices, smoothies, salads, raw fruit and veggies - mostly.

Yesterday was my Monday to travel to an area with a Wegmans.  I have been treating myself to a lunch there the last few weeks at their buffet.  This week I did another thrown together salad.  I had a mix of romaine and iceberg with leafy greens mixed in.  There was also a great deal of kale in there!  I added some roasted root veggies - such as onions, carrots, sweet potatoes, etc.  I threw on some peas, carrots, blueberries, etc.  What really made this was the Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing!

I started my day with water and lemon.  I then had some tea.  I then had a glass of Pineapple Juice which was pretty awesome.  For lunch I will have a Vanilla Pineapple Smoothie which I will most likely blog about tomorrow.  I also have Snap Peas to snack on this morning and later today a few Mac Nuts.  For Dinner I will have a LARGE Salad.  I'm REALLY loving different fruit vinegar salad dressing and hope to be making my own and posting them here so be on the look out!

As for some of the things I have been reading - I forgot to post about the Carrot Seed Oil Research I have been doing!  Check out this handy chart!  Of course once I start researching something and reading about it then I am thinking about it and how I can learn more!

Piping Rock keeps having more and more sales and I am so tempted to buy more oils but trying to save money!  I might have to budge on this tho!  The ones I currently look to buy are: Eucalyptus $1.49, 4 Thesis $1.79, Basil $289, Spearmint $3.29, Rosehip $4.19, Mandarin $1.99.  Time will tell if I will actually order all of these while this specific sale is going on.  If not I will just wait until the next one, I guess!  I've been into the site Mindy Body Green lately and here are the articles I have bee interested in lately:

* A Globe-Trotting Yogi Shares Her Travel Must-Haves + The Stretches You Need For Pain-Free Trips

* Why Quitting My Job To Build A Tiny Home Was The Best Decision I've Ever Made

* What Food Photographer & Blogger Marie Reginato Eats In A Day


8 comments:

  1. That salad looks and sounds delicious! I love big salads with so much stuff in them. And a good dressing is crucial! Those are some great prices on those oils!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am starting to be an essential oil hoarder! LOL :)
      And I will have a pretty awesome dressing later today! I think you will LOVE it :)

      Delete
  2. The prices of those oils sound amazing! I've been eating much lighter too recently and loving it, lots more salads and I'm really back into smoothies again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :)
      Didn't get the oils but hope to at some point ;)

      Delete
  3. The salad looks great, colorful and vibrant. I still have not gotten into oils, but am curious to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peppermint is one of the easiest ones to get into! TRY them!!!

      Delete
  4. Wegman's sounds like a nice place to have lunch. Great looking salad!
    Vanilla pineapple smoothie? Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might go there today or tomorrow since I missed my trip yesterday :)

      Delete