Friday, March 24, 2017

I Spent Under $3 on Groceries This Week!

This blog post title might be a little misleading but it's TRUE.  Let me explain.

I'm still working on consuming my MASSIVE Haul from about 4 weekends ago where I shopped at Target and the Whole Foods Co-Op in Erie as well as Trader Joe's in Woodmere, OH, and a little bit of bargains found at my local Aldi Store AND Tops Market.

This week I only bought 2 items and those items were 1 Avocado and a package of Tortilla Wraps.  I bought both at Aldi and spent under $3.


I ended up spending more on the Avocado than I wanted to but I was CRAVING one and for the first time EVER I ate 1 Avocado over a 2 day period.

My mother must have bought a bunch of Halo/Cuties last week because she pawned off 4 of them to me.  They came in HANDY because I had all 4 of them for breakfast today.  Freebies!  Gotta LOVE them!

I have been pondering the $30 Vegan Shopping Challenge for a while now.  I know I will do it at some point.  I would like to commit to doing it within the next week or two but it might be unfair because I still have things to eat from my previous shopping trips.  Perhaps I will try and do it and just make a note on what new items I buy.  I'm not sure if I will do a video or not because my area is really weird about that.  Not sure if I could pull off a video at my local Aldi's!  But you never know!  I'll blog about it at the very least!

10 comments:

  1. Nice! I probably should spend a few weeks working my way through what I already have. I'm a major food hoarder and could eat for several months on what I have in my pantry, fridge, freezer, and deep-freezer. Hahaha. But yet, I still spend about $120 every two weeks on groceries. I just always want new things!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done that when I am able to - whether it be $ or if I am in an area where I can find a lot of cool stuff! LOL

      Delete
  2. Good old Aldi! Fortunately, such a small haul meant you didnt need to scrounge up your own box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I have started for this week and will try and keep track of what I buy for this week and post later in the week!

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I try to have use it up weeks working through the pantry, but still tend to need a lot of fresh produce too. I could do $30 weeks maybe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fresh isn't always great here depending on the time of year. I try and stock up on canned (organic whenever possible) and frozen...it seems to help when there isn't fresh available.

      Delete
  4. Wowwwww!!!! Here, one outing to a supermart, I would spend over RM100...but I think that is USD20 plus, not too bad, eh? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that converts into $20 US that isn't too bad - if you can make $20 per week work!!!

      Delete
  5. I miss Aldis! I bet it would be super easy to do the thirty dollar challenge at Aldis. I think that's what No Egg Craig did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! No Egg Craig DID do the challenge at Aldi's!!!

      Delete