Thursday, November 9, 2017

Vegan Pupusas & Sauce

A couple of weeks ago when we were in Erie and visited Giant Eagle I saw these 'bad boys' in the freezer section.  I had never seen them before and I don't think I ever had a Pupusas and even if I did they were very memorable so I wanted to try these.

It was 1 of about 3 items I bought that day.  I really appreciate that the ingredient list was so short on these, too! 

Organic Corn Masa (Organic Corn Masa, Trace of Lime), Water, Black Beans, Corn, Olive Oil, Salt...those are the ONLY ingredients!



Of course, you know me...I have to have a dipping sauce.  I didn't have many ingredients to work with in the frig or in the pantry.  

All I did for this was take some leftover salsa and add a little bit of water, garlic, balsamic Vinegar, and about 2 ounces of cashews to my Vitamix and blend until smooth.  I think it turned out pretty good, actually!

And speaking of cashews...I found 2 ounce bags of them at the Dollar Tree so I grabbed 2 bags to tide me over until I can get a pound of them at Aldi's later this weekend.

I have 2 posts today so make sure you scroll down and check out the other one, too!  Question of the day - do you enjoy a dipping sauce for your Pupusas?  If so I would love to hear about it in comments!  CHEERS!

6 comments:

  1. I love finding new vegan treats in the grocery store. How were the papusas? Would you buy them again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pupupsas were pretty good. They weren't dry which I was kind of worried about. The sauce is always an added bonus, tho! I would by them again, yes!

      Delete
  2. Can't say I've ever had a pupusas either. They look very interesting. Are pupusas normally served with a dipping sauce?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly...I'm not sure if they are served with a dipping sauce or not! hahaha! When I googled it - I did see that some people use a red sauce for them. I'm a bit crazy when it comes to dips and sauces, tho, so the more the merrier!

      Delete
  3. Yum, great finds! Never tried pupusas either, but I love grabbing new stuff to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too! I found a few new items today and will be blogging about them this week! Stay tuned!

      Delete